Discover Pro 2.3 (PC)
Switch & Keyboard Access Software
DiscoverPro is customizable access software for Windows 2000/XP/32-bit Vista only. DiscoverPro has been specifically designed to work with the wireless IntelliSwitch or with IntelliKeys USB from IntelliTools for scanning access. For On-Screen keyboard access, it works well with TrackerPro.
DiscoverPro and IntelliSwitch together replace and replicate the action of the old Discover:Switch and Discover:Kenx. These two products replace the standard keyboard and mouse for switch-scanning users. Think of DiscoverPro as all of the individual Discover products rolled into one. DiscoverPro gives you scanning, alternate keyboard and on-screen keyboard access depending on the hardware that you choose to use with it. DiscoverPro is a multi-purpose software that lets professionals try out different computer access hardware to assess users' particular needs.
TemplateMaker V2.0 (included) allows for the editing and creation of new Setups. Auditory cueing and feedback (either Text-to-Speech or pre-digitized) is included with DiscoverPro.
How does it work?
Which Access Method do you want to use?
If you want to "Scan" then you must use DiscoverPro with IntelliSwitch. Discover Pro software has been designed to provide switch access to mainstream applications which do not have scanning functionality built-in. Simply use the built-in switches or plug an appropriate ability switch into IntelliSwitch. Once a switch is pressed, customizable, on-screen set-ups will appear and begin to automatically scan, providing full control of all keyboard and mouse functions. DiscoverPro software will provide the user with the ability to directly launch and interact with most applications on the computer. DiscoverPro software comes with an assortment of on-screen keyboards which you can use "as is" or that you can modify or edit for individual use. Alternatively, you can make your own keyboards from scratch using "TemplateMaker V2.0" which comes with DiscoverPro.
TOUCH (Alternative Keyboard with IntelliKeys)
If you want to use "Touch" functions, then you can use DiscoverPro with IntelliKeys.These two products provide an alternate keyboard for users with limited motor control and those who may use a fist to type. All mouse and keyboard functions can be controlled as well as the ability to launch applications by pressing a single button. You can use the keyboards that are provided or make your own with"TemplateMaker V2.0".
POINT (On-Screen Keyboards)
If you want to use the "Point" functions, then you can choose the on-screen keyboard option (Discover OnScreen) together with TrackerPro. This product would be appropriate for alternative mouse users or for users with Quadriplegia, MS,ALS as well as users with Cerebral Palsy. Either the dwell function (resting on key until it selects) or the click function can be used to activate a key. Several keyboards are included or you can use TemplateMaker V2.0 to make custom keyboards.
When used with IntelliSwitch, IntelliKeys or with TrackerPro, Discover Pro software enables individuals with motor impairments to perform all keyboard and mouse functions by simply pressing a switch.
Features & Benefits
- Choice of input method: Choose scanning, alternate keyboard or on-screen keyboard; do AAC and computer access evaluations to determine users’ equipment needs; use one computer for many users with physical disabilities.
- TemplateMaker V2.0: Software that is included with DiscoverPro that lets you create custom setups. You can also edit existing setups and resize individual keys.
- Speech software: Provides auditory cues and feedback to aid in correct key selections; allows for auditory scanning; lets user communicate as they work.
- Setups: Many setups are included that allow users to access many software programs and work at their own cognitive level. Setups can be as simple or as complex as a user needs. Once they have been adjusted for the user, then the user will only see what they need.
- Preferences or Flexible scanning controls: Select the scanning speed, mouse speed, type of scanning (regular, step or inverse) and other settings to match user's access needs.
- Editing: Individual setups or individual buttons can easily be edited within DiscoverPro. DiscoverPro Setups can be as simple or as complex as needed.
- Customization: Setups can be customized to individual users. You can use a simple cause and effect button or you can use a more complex program such as Microsoft Office with DiscoverPro.
Discover Pro Compatibility - Windows 2K/XP/32-bit Vista only