with DiscoverPro 2.3 (PC)
IntelliKeys is a large, alternative keyboard for those users who may have difficulty accessing a standard keyboard and mouse. The DiscoverPro software is used to customize the IntelliKeys. IntelliKeys is the hardware replacement to the now discontinued Discover:Board hardware. With the DiscoverPro software, all previous Discover:Board functionality can be performed. DiscoverPro V2.3 has been specifically designed to work with the wireless IntelliSwitch or with IntelliKeys USB from IntelliTools for scanning access or alternative keyboard access.
DiscoverPro and IntelliKeys together replace and replicate the action of the old Discover:Board and Discover:Kenx with KeyLargo. Think of DiscoverPro as all of the individual Discover products rolled into one. DiscoverPro gives you scanning, alternate keyboard and on-screen keyboard access depending on the hardware that you choose to use with it. (In this case it is the Discover:Board.)
TemplateMaker V2.0 (included) allows for the editing and creation of new Discover:Board overlays that are used on the IntelliKeys. Auditory feedback (either Text-to-Speech or pre-digitized) is included with DiscoverPro.
How does it work?
Which Access Method do you want to use?
See DiscoverPro or IntelliSwitch for more information.
TOUCH (Alternative Keyboard with IntelliKeys)
If you want to use "Touch" functions, then you can use DiscoverPro with IntelliKeys.These two products provide an alternate keyboard for users with limited motor control and those who may use a fist to type. All mouse and keyboard functions can be controlled as well as the ability to launch applications by pressing a single button. You can use the keyboards that are provided or make your own with "TemplateMaker V2.0".
POINT (On-Screen Keyboards)
When used with IntelliKeys or with TrackerPro, Discover Pro software enables individuals with motor impairments to perform all keyboard and mouse functions by simply pressing a button.
Features & Benefits:
- Alternative keyboard input: Fully programmable paper overlays that can be printed off, and then used for full keyboard and mouse replacement.
- TemplateMaker V2.0: Software that is included with DiscoverPro that lets you create custom setups/ overlays. You can also edit existing setups.
- Speech software: Provides auditory feedback to aid in correct key selections; lets user communicate as they work.
- Setups: Many overlays are included that allow users to access many software programs and work at their own cognitive level. Overlays can be as simple or as complex as a user needs. Once they have been adjusted for the user, then the user will only see what they need.
- Preferences or Flexible alternative keyboard controls: Select the key sensitivity, mouse speed, and other settings to match user's access needs.
- Editing: Individual setups or individual buttons can easily be edited within DiscoverPro. DiscoverPro Setups can be as simple or as complex as needed.
- Customization: Setups can be customized to individual users. You can use a simple cause and effect button or you can use a more complex program such as Microsoft Office with DiscoverPro.
Pentium PIII 700MHz or higher processor, Windows® 2000, or Windows® XP, 32-bit VISTA ,128 MB RAM (256MB Recommended), 400MB free space on hard drive, Soundblaster®compatible sound combatibility, CD-ROM drive (for installation).