ScreenDoors 2000 (PC)
On-Screen Keyboard with Word Prediction
Instead of pushing keys on a real keyboard, simply point and click on a picture of a keyboard on your computer screen. ScreenDoors 2000 acts just like the real keyboard typing directly into any application. A list of predicted words actually guesses what you are typing to help speed entry.
How does it work?
Clicking can be performed a number of different ways. You can select a key by clicking on it using the mouse or a physical switch. You can also select by "dwelling" or simply pausing over a key to make your selection. A visual cue is used to indicate the dwell time, by "filling" up the key. Once the fill reaches the top of the key, a click is automatically performed.
International language keyboard support and the localization of menus and dialogues for French, Danish, German, and Italian truly makes this on-screen keyboard a world-wide solution.
This industry-leading software was licensed by Microsoft and forms the basis for the Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard included in every copy of Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP.
Features & Benefits
- Wireless Connectivity: Completely access the computer without wires by connecting the included USB receiver. (Users can still connect by using a USB cable if desired.) Operational up to 20 feet.
- Setups: Allow users to access many software programs and work at their own cognitive level.
- Flexible scanning controls: Select the scanning speed, mouse speed, type of scanning (regular, step or inverse) and other settings to match user's access needs.
- Two built in switches: Easy access to scanning for therapist or teacher.
- On/off switch: Ability to control activation and avoid accidental switch presses.
- 5 built-in switch jacks: Connect alternate switches to accommodate user's physical access needs.
- Speech software: Provides auditory cues and feedback to aid in correct key selections; allows for auditory scanning; lets user communicate as they work.
- Control Panel Software: Switch access to all IntelliTools software including Classroom Suite Access hundreds of third party software titles with built-in switch accessibility.
- Windows 2000/XP
- 486/33 or higher
- 8 MB RAM
Note: If using ScreenDoors 2000 with Windows NT 4, it is essential to have Service pack 4 installed on your computer. You can download Service Pack 4 from the Mirosoft web site.