Equals Classroom Package Details
Click here to see what the package includes.
The Equals curriculum provides a multi-sensory structure to math with three levels of instructional strategies dedicated to each lesson. Equals builds math preparedness through incremental and systematic progression from the concrete to the abstract. In addition, Equals pulls together the critical instructional elements of communication and engagement by providing the strategies and manipulatives that enable all students to demonstrate measurable progress on math outcomes.
- New Equals Technology Lesson Center Click here for more information regarding this web based tool.
- New Electronic Assessment Scoring
- Complete scope and sequence of math skills
- Lessons range from pre-emerging math to traditionally taught math standards
- K-12 with age-neutral lessons
- Comprehensive assessment
- Real-life problem solving (school-home-community math applications)
- Math manipulatives (specifically selected for students with disabilities)
- Hundreds of worksheets at multiple levels of complexity
- Math posters, workmats, and cards
Equals Concrete, Semi-Concrete, Abstract (CSA) Pedagogy
Equals derives its educational foundation from the research-tested Concrete, Semi-Concrete, Abstract (CSA) Pedagogy common to general education mathematics curricula. We have applied those same tested principles towards our special education approach, combining CSA with manipulatives and technology access instructional materials. In other words, Equals combines proven methods from both general and special education to create a truly unique and effective approach to mathematics instruction.
Equals Level Based Instruction
Typically used for students working on developmental skills or at pre-emerging academic skills. Level 1 worksheets and activities allow the student to meet the objective in its simplest form.
Typically used for students with beginning to intermediate academic skills. Level 2 worksheets and activities encourage students to meet a moderate view of the objective.
Typically used for students who benefit from academic grade level content material written with low vocabulary demands (text readability from 1.5-2.9 grade level). Level 3 worksheets and activities reflect the highest level of complexity for any given objective.
- Equals overview
- Complete assessment system
- 12 Teacher Guides with over 325 lessons
- Math Action Dictionary (integrating assistive technologies and differentiated instruction as needed)
- CD with thousands of worksheets, activities, and math tools
- Math manipulative kit (over 25 different sets with more than 100 actual manipulatives)
- Math posters, workmats, cards