All About Play & Learn
Play & Learn is a motor-based preschool curriculum for children of ALL abilities based on current research that emphasizes a holistic model in which the child, environment, and functional tasks are integrated, not isolated. It is also an excellent example of universal design in action! The model for universal design supports an environment where ALL children are included in the same activities within the classroom. Play & Learn shows how to embed adaptations and simple assistive technology into the classroom, so all children can be full participants in their educational environment. Evidence-based practice drives the foundation for Play & Learn's primary components:
- Transdisciplinary - A model in which the environment and functional tasks are integrated.
- Routines - Motor-based activities are embedded in meaningful routines that support home activities to foster successful learning outcomes.
- Universal Design - Activities include a range of options and ways to integrate assistive technology to motivate learning and draw all children together.
- Strength-Based - An approach that uses successes as the groundwork for realistic expectations and the foundation for growth and change.
• Comprehensive manual with reproducibles
• Universal design
• Correlated to early learning domains
• Theme-based lessons for each month of the year
• Data collection
• Preschool routines-based assessment
• Preschool Action Dictionary
• 24/7 online Members Only resources
The Play and Learn Classroom Set includes manipulatives and assistive technology tools, as well as a complete gross-motor program called Elasta-Blast. These solutions are embedded in the program to enhance the learning environment, access to lessons, and accessible activities for all active pre-school students.
Classroom Kit Includes:
• Play and Learn Curriculum
• ElastaBlast Teacher’s Guide and DVD
• All-Turn-It Spinner
• My Art Spinner
• Talking Brix