Warranty and Return Authorization (RMA) Procedure
AbleNet Manufactured Products include a 'Two Year Limited Warranty'. This warranty is against defects in materials and manufacturing for two full years from the date of purchase. If documentation identifying the date of purchase is not supplied, the warranty period will be determined as two years from the date of manufacture stamped inside the product. The limited warranty is not transferable and is only offered to the first customer who purchases the product.
Non-AbleNet Manufacturer's Products come with the Manufacturer Warranty. If any of the non-AbleNet products purchased on the AbleNet site have manufacturer’s warranty, AbleNet will pass on to you the warranty upon purchase of the product. Such manufacturer warranty, if any, will vary from product to product and AbleNet is not responsible to you in any way in honoring such manufacturer's warranty.
If a valid claim is received during the warranty period, at AbleNet’s option and to the extent permitted by law, AbleNet will either (i) repair the defect at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts at no charge to you, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) refund the purchase price of the product. AbleNet may request that you replace defective parts with new or refurbished user-installable parts that AbleNet provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligation. A replacement product or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes AbleNet’s property. Parts provided by AbleNet in fulfillment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to AbleNet.
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXCLUDED FROM THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE:
- Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
- Abuse. Defects or damage that result from: (a) improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse; (b) contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; (c) subjecting the products to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of AbleNet or manufacturer, are excluded from coverage.
Examples of misuse and/or abuse include but are not limited to the following:
1) Physical abuse such as:
- Falling from over 3 feet
- Cords cut or ripped off
- Damaged due to being hit or smashed
2) Foreign substance such as:
- Introducing liquid (juice, water, etc...) into the product
- Introducing foreign objects (paper clips, coins, screws, etc...) into the product
3) Misuse--the product may or may not show visible signs of this damage
- Plugging power into the wrong jack
- Using the wrong AC adapter with a product
- Modifying the product
• Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, including without limitation, software changes or modification in any way by someone other than AbleNet or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage.
• Altered Products. Products with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered, or obliterated; (b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched serial numbers; or (d) products that have been altered without AbleNet’s consent, are excluded from coverage.
The following is a list of actual examples that would not be covered by warranty:
- Spilling juice into a BIGmack
- Dropping a product into a sink/pool.
- Switch cord ripped off by getting it got caught in the wheel chair.
- Switch modified by adding springs under the switch cap.
- Switch cord was modified by soldering a different size connector on the end
- Battery was so old that it corroded that it damaged the circuit board.
- Powerlink chassis bent and receptacles broken (presumably due to dropping or dropping something onto product)
- Parts broken loose inside and visible damage to outside of product.
- Products that don't work because the battery is dead and resume working with installation of a new alkaline battery.
The following is a list of actual examples that would be covered by warranty:
- Products that show no visible signs of damage but never worked. (Possibly due to PCB failure or other manufacturing issue)
- Products that show no visible sign of excessive damage (scratches and scuffs are not considered excessive) but stop working properly.
- Products that work intermittently.
- Products that work but not properly and show no signs of excessive damage and/or introduction of foreign objects.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY, OTHERWISE THE REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ABLENET BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS TO THE FULL EXTENT. THESE DAMAGES MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR FROM ONE JURISDICTION TO ANOTHER.
Return Material Authorization (RMA)
No Product may be returned directly to AbleNet without first contacting AbleNet at 1(800)322-0956 or via the website at www.ablenetinc.com, for a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number. If it is determined that the Product may be defective, you will be given an RMA number and instructions for Product return, repair, replacement, or other solution. An unauthorized return, i.e. one for which an RMA number has not been issued, will be returned to you at your expense. Authorized returns are to be shipped prepaid and insured to the address on the RMA in an approved shipping container. Your original box and packaging materials should be kept for storing or shipping your Product. To request an RMA, please call us at 1(800)322-0956 or visit our website.