We are excited to announce that n2y acquired the incredibly successful Equals mathematics program. We believe that under the direction of n2y, Equals will reach more educators and students and provide an opportunity for all to achieve best outcomes.
AbleNet will continue to sell the current print version of Equals math until December 31, 2021, or until inventory runs out. For purchasing information, please contact AbleNet customer service at (800) 322-0956 or [email protected].
If you are interested in learning more about the future of Equals math from n2y, please go to https://www.n2y.com/subscribe-equals-math/.
About Equals Mathematics
Equals math is a proven multi-sensory math curriculum for students with disabilities at all levels of ability within every special education setting. Students learn foundational math and solve real-world problems as active learners, including students with significant and intellectual disabilities, K-12th grade.
Students begin by connecting their world and what they know about math to new concepts, building their math knowledge over time. With linked lesson objectives and vocabulary, Equals math provides multiple paths for teachers to provide support for their students as they learn and demonstrate what was learned.
Individual needs, for using math tools and manipulatives, choosing strategies, learning vocabulary, and talking about math, are met through use of the Action Dictionary with a variety of adaptations to support students’ language, motor, vision, and cognition.
- Aligned to CCSS, CCEE, Core Content Connectors, and individual state standards
- Research-based math methodologies with proven results
- Thoughtfully ordered and connected lesson objectives
- Pre-requisite skills connect learning to higher foundational skills
- Vocabulary linked and reviewed across lessons
- Assessment for placement and progress monitoring
- Digital web-based materials for demonstration and group problem solving
Distance Learning Features
- Extensive list of math materials commonly found in a home
- Parent-friendly language and activities
- Parent experience with observing and following models increase confidence
- Teachers and parents working together enhances parent-teacher communication
- Thoughtful solutions provided for homes without Internet
- Curriculum team works with schools to addresses student, teacher, and parent requirements with necessary support
- Taught with rigor teaching new skills, extending skills, or maintaining skills
- Creative ways to involve students in learning that is relevant and engaging
- Feel confident students continue to receive best practice math instruction with the same lesson structure and enhancements they receive in the classroom
- Equals Technology provides a familiar format used at home, at school, and online
- Quick parent training videos for using the Equals Tech lesson Center and teaching problem solving steps in everyday tasks
- Lesson structure consistent with best practice math instruction
- Teacher’s guide with daily math lessons
- Fidelity training with experienced educators guide teachers over time
- Support in identifying IEP goals that matter
- Multiple ways to access AbleNet Curriculum team
- Letters for parents encourage and support involvement
- Curriculum team collaboration with administrators and teachers to assist teachers in utilizing what Equals offers to address new challenges and unique circumstances
NEW - Equals Transition: Money and Budget
Equals Transition math is a set of lessons linked to Equals math content across all chapters. These lessons focus on applying previously taught math skills and problem-solving in Equals for use in the community. Now all students can learn transition skills appropriate to his/her current math knowledge while expanding their knowledge of community settings, jobs, and resources.
Equals Transition math reveals the value of learning math as students apply it to the real world:
- Provides students the opportunity to use math skills in a variety of environments and experiences
- Focuses on learning about living and working in the community and managing money, a bank account, purchases, sales tax, tips, savings, and income and expenses in a budget
- Additional tools specially created for Equals Transition math include a usable budget template and representations found in the real world such as store ads, receipts, bills, bank statements, online transactions, and many more
- All students can take advantage of learning how to apply learned math to be as independent as possible, beginning with applying the concept of matching objects learned in Equals Chapter 1 to understanding how grocery store shelves are organized in Equals Transition math
AbleNet will continue to sell Equals math until December 31, 2021, or until inventory runs out. For purchasing information on the current print version of Equals, please contact AbleNet customer service at (800) 322-0956 or [email protected].