Emerging Literacy and Communication Curriculum
The first research-based K-12 literacy curriculum developed specifically for students with significant disabilities.
K-12 Literacy Curriculum
MEville to WEville Complete Collection is a literacy program aligned to State, Alternate, Common Core State Standards, and Common Core Essential Elements. The program was developed for students with significant disabilities who need an appropriate starting place to develop emerging literacy skills. The appropriately paced lessons and differentiation assistive technology strategies were specifically incorporated into the curriculum to meet the unique needs of students with significant disabilities. The program connects literacy skills with the students' real world experiences and what they know: themselves [ME], their families [MY FAMILY], and their school [MY SCHOOL]. Within these topics, students learn concept of print skills and vocabulary while gaining experience with fundamental literacy skills. Students interact with text in a wide variety of ways to understand what good readers do.
Included in the program is an extended curriculum (Extending MEville to WEville), which is designed to enhance literacy and skill development as students mature with the program.
Learn More About MEville to WEville Complete Collection
See what the package includes.
In MEville to WEville students have multiple opportunities to learn concept of print skills in the context of what skillful readers do to think, understand, and react to a story. They truly see and learn what it means to read and write. You will find a tremendous amount of upport for students to do just that, by way of
- sensibly paced lessons and support within the lessons,
- a differentiation guide with multiple ideas and solutions,
- and the careful format and design of reproducible materials.
Complete Collection includes:
- MEville to WEville Curriculum Teachers Guide with over 200 lessons
- Pre-Printed Vocabulary Cards for MEville to WEville
- 3 Elementary Themed Books Adapted for the Bookworm
- 3 Secondary Themed Books Adapted for the Bookworm
- QuickTalker 7 Speech Generating Device
- Bookworm Literacy Tool
- Extending MEville to WEville Curriculum
- Pre-Printed Vocabulary Cards for Extending MEville to WEville
- Three Sets of Start-to-Finish Literacy Starters with CDs from Don Johnston, Inc.
- Online Members Only support website available 24/7 with access to educator resources including:
- Assessments: communication, writing, vocabulary, letter names/sounds, concepts of print, lesson objectives
- Lesson reproducibles
- Concept of print lesson activities
- Initial letter and rhyming lessons, linked to MEville to WEville vocabulary
- QuickTalker 7 overlays for every lesson
- A MEville to WEville Action Dictionary
- Program updates and enhancements
- Carry-all box for moving around the room or storing materials
AbleNet believes strongly in tirelessly working to ensure curricular programs we develop demonstrate successful outcomes. We do this both during the development process and also post launch. We partner with university professors, administrators, and teachers to ensure we’re studying the outcomes our curriculums are having with students. We make it an essential part of our product development staff time to capture research results from respondents across the country. Based on our results-driven goal, AbleNet has confidence the investment you make with us will result in better student outcomes.
AbleNet Training Solutions
Training and Professional Development Solutions
Choose one or more staff training solutions to ensure effective MEville to WEville implementation for your students and educators:
Provided on Members Only, teachers can access training 24/7 and repeat it as often as they choose.
Live custom Webinars provide staff with all the essential information on the curricular program or technology purchased, as well as an opportunity for staff to ask questions or discuss specific needs. Webinar training is $250/2-hour session
An onsite trainer travels to you and directly targets your specific staff/student population needs, as requested. Your expert trainer will provide hands-on instruction, explanations, and/or demonstrations for any AbleNet curriculum and/or technology you choose.
Cost includes travel expenses. Onsite training is $3,000/day (per trainer)
Contact your AbleNet sales representative for specific curriculum training package options. Discounts on training may be available for larger purchase quantities of the program.
Already purchased MEville To WEville? Log in to the Members Only website for your complimentary training webinar.
Try Before You Buy
We know curriculum is a big investment; that’s why we’re proud to provide a product loan program. We’ve made it easy for you to review and evaluate our curriculum for yourself for 2-weeks through the AbleNet Product Experience program. We’re confident that you’ll see the value of AbleNet solutions. All of this is at no cost or obligation to you.