In the Remarkable Idea, students will have great fun throwing a ball against the bowling pins to knock them down!
This activity addresses:
- Turn Taking
- Cause and effect
- Alternative methods of access
What you need:
1. Connect the leaf blower to the PowerLink 4 (have power link set to timed and adjust to suit)
2. Connect the iTalk2 with Levels to the PowerLink 4.
3. Record cheering and words of commiseration on the iTalk2 with Levels.
4. Connect the iTalk2 with Levels to the PowerLink 4.
5. Record numbers 1-8 on QuickTalker 12.
6. Create your bowling pin picture symbol for the iTalk2 with Levels, and QuickTalker 12.
What to do:
1. Place leaf blower on the floor and place pieces of wood to form a track.
2. Record numbers 1 to 8 on QuickTalker 12 with overlay showing 1-8 symbols for numbers.
3. Set bottles/bowling pins.
4. Place ball near blower and use the iTalk2 with Levels the blower on and BOWL!
5. Count how many pins were knocked over and press the appropriate number on the QuickTalker 12.
6. Use the iTalk2 with Levels to either cheer or commiserate depending on the number of pins knocked down.
Record “Get set and go” on the QuickTalker 12.
You can record additional phrases like:
“Wow how many did I get?”
“That was great, can’t wait for another for another turn”
“Wow great shot”
“Ahh, that was close, better luck next time”