1. Create and place a “directions” picture/symbol on the Step-by-Step.
2. Record the Windsock directions script on the Step-by-Step, one direction per step.
3. Record each color name on the SuperTalker FT.
4. Create an overlay for the SuperTalker FT with various color pictures/symbols.
What to do:
1. Show students the sample windsock. Use the switch adapted fan to produce wind, and demonstrate how windsocks blow in the wind.
2. Students use the Step-by-Step to give directions on how to make windsocks.
3. Students follow the directions to create their own windsocks.
4. Use the SuperTalker FT to select crayon colors, and crepe paper colors to use for their streamers.
5. Students use the switch adapted electric stapler to staple the paper roll together and to staple the crepe paper strips on the windsock tube.
6. When all windsocks are finished, students take turns turning on the switch-adapted fan and blowing the windsocks.
“We are going to make windsocks!”
“Windsocks are fun to take outside on a windy day. Windsocks blow in the wind!”
“On your white paper, color a picture of a windy day!”
“Write your name on your picture.”
“When you’re finished, roll your picture into a tube and staple it.”
“Now choose your streamers, and staple several on the bottom of the windsock.”
“Staple a piece of yarn across the top of the windsock as a handle.”
“Now your windsock is ready to hang in the wind!”
“Who wants to turn on the fan and make some wind to blow the windsocks?”