Helping with funding solutions
AbleNet can now assist with access to funding for many of our speech generating devices (SGD) and accessories, including our new iPad-based QuickTalker Freestyle
SGD. While not every product qualifies, we’ll gladly work with you to determine if your AbleNet device can be funded by Medicaid, Private Insurance, or Medicare. Please contact AbleNet Funding Services at (800) 322-0956 to learn more.
Customers who qualify for funding with Medicaid, Private Insurance, or Medicare will be guided through the process by an AbleNet Funding Services team member. Our Funding Services Specialists are ready and willing to help identify your eligibility, the steps necessary for funding, as well as processing the necessary paperwork. We are committed to supporting our customers at every level to clarify the process and successfully attain funding whenever possible.
Click on our Funding Details tab to learn more about the funding process, request or download a funding packet, or get connected with one of our Funding Services team members.
Download the Funding Catalog
Funding AbleNet SGDs (Speech Generating Devices) is easier than ever with the support of our Funding Services Department. We break down the funding process into manageable bites, provide clear directions for how to complete necessary paperwork, and are available to answer questions as they arise along the way. AbleNet communication devices, including our new iPad-based QuickTalker Freestyle
SGD, qualify for funding from many state Medicaid and Private Insurances, several of our communication devices and accessories also qualify for Medicare. Our team of funding specialists will help determine funding options for your device and step you through the process. Here’s how it works.
1. Meet with your doctor about your communication difficulties. Some funders now require a face-to-face visit with your doctor within the previous 6-months of a funding submission. Use this form
to document your doctor’s face-to-face visit and SGD prescription.
View a Brief Video Explaining Step 1.
2. Meet with an SLP to determine the best device. A comprehensive Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) evaluation by your Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is necessary to determine which SGD best suits your needs now and in the future. The SLP will write a report detailing the findings of the evaluation and rationale for the requested SGD.
View a brief Video Explaining Step 2.
3. Get a doctor’s prescription for the requested SGD. Your SLP will forward their report requesting a specific SGD to your doctor for a prescription.
View a Brief Video Explaining Step 3.
4. Work with AbleNet Funding Specialists to complete the funding packet. Our funding packet includes the necessary documentation for a funding submission. Please be aware that some documents are funder-specific. AbleNet Funding Specialists will answer questions about various insurers and keep you in the loop about additional or state-specific documents throughout the process.
View a Brief Video Explaining Step 4.
5. AbleNet submits paperwork. When a funding packet is complete and has been deemed to meet criteria for your insurer, it will be submitted to your insurer (Medicaid, Private Insurance, or Medicare). Be aware that funding approvals can take from 30 to 90-days or more. During that time, our Funding Services Specialists welcome your calls to check where your submission is in the process and to provide any feedback possible.
View a brief video explaining Step 5.
6. Funding Approved, AbleNet ships the device to your door. AbleNet is committed to providing the smoothest, simplest and most effective funding process possible. After receiving your SGD, we are also committed to providing as much supportive service as possible as you learn about your technology and how to integrate it at school, home, work, or community.
View a brief video explaining Step 6.