1. Using student interest inventories, design questions about student’s favorite colors, foods, books, etc.
2. Teacher can write these answers on index cards to save time during game play.
3. Record team colors (red, blue, or green) onto the corresponding TalkingBrix 2, these will act as that team’s buzzer. Students can also choose a team name to be recorded onto their TalkingBrix 2.
4. Record “A”,”B”,”C”, and “D” onto the QuickTalker 7, as well as phrases such as “I think the answer is…” , “I know the answer is…”, and “I’m going to guess…”, students will use this to select their answers.
5. On the QuickTalker 12 record phrases such as “Let’s get started”, “Red Team”, “Blue Team”, “Green Team”, “Nice Try”, “Correct”, “That is incorrect”, as well as other motivating game show host phrases.
6. On the All-Turn-It Spinner, write point values for each question (100, 200, 300, etc.)
What to do:
1. Designate a student to be the game show host and hosts assistant (jobs can be combined if necessary) and divide the classroom into teams.
2. Each team will choose a player to go first.
3. The “Assistant” will choose a picture or name card for the topic, and the “Host” will use the Step-by-Step to choose a question. (Ex. John and Favorite color)
4. The students will “buzz in” using the TalkingBrix 2. The first team to buzz in will get the chance to answer first using the QuickTalker 7. If they are incorrect the other teams can buzz in and try to answer the question.