Non-AbleNet Manufacturer’s Products come with the Manufacturer Warranty. If any of the non-AbleNet products purchased on the AbleNet site have manufacturer’s warranty, AbleNet will pass on to you the warranty upon purchase of the product. Such manufacturer warranty, if any, will vary from product to product and AbleNet is not responsible to you in any way in honoring such manufacturer’s warranty.
AbleNet does not cover damage caused to an iPad, iPhone, iPod, or other consumer electronic devices used in conjunction with any product manufactured by or distributed by AbleNet.
If a valid claim is received during the warranty period, at AbleNet’s option and to the extent permitted by law, AbleNet will either (i) repair the defect at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts at no charge to you, (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product, or (3) refund the purchase price of the product. AbleNet may request that you replace defective parts with new or refurbished user-installable parts that AbleNet provides in fulfillment of its warranty obligation. A replacement product or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you. When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes AbleNet’s property. Parts provided by AbleNet in fulfillment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to AbleNet.
- Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair, and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage.
- Abuse. Defects or damage that result from: (a) improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse; (b) contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; (c) subjecting the products to abnormal usage or conditions; or (d) other acts which are not the fault of AbleNet or manufacturer, are excluded from coverage.
Physical abuse such as:
- Falling from over 3-feet
- Cords cut or ripped off
- Damaged due to being hit or smashed
Foreign substance such as:
- Introducing liquid (juice, water, etc…) into the product
- Introducing foreign objects (paper clips, coins, screws, etc…) into the product
Misuse-the product may or may not show visible signs of this damage:
- Plugging power into the wrong jack
- Using the wrong AC adapter with a product
- Modifying the product
- Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, including without limitation, software changes or modification in any way by someone other than AbleNet or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage.
- Altered Products. Products with (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered, or obliterated; (b) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (c) mismatched serial numbers; or (d) products that have been altered without AbleNet’s consent, are excluded from coverage.
- Spilling juice into a BIGmack.
- Dropping a product into a sink/pool.
- Switch cord ripped off by getting it got caught in the wheelchair.
- Switch modified by adding springs under the switch cap.
- Switch cord was modified by soldering a different size connector on the end.
- Battery was so old that it corroded that it damaged the circuit board.
- PowerLink is bent and receptacles broken (presumably due to dropping or dropping something onto product).
- Parts broken loose inside and visible damage to outside of product.
- Products that don’t work because the battery is dead and resume working with installation of a new alkaline battery.
- Products that show no visible signs of damage but never worked – possibly due to PCB failure or other manufacturing issue.
- Products that show no visible sign of excessive damage (scratches and scuffs are not considered excessive) but stop working properly.
- Products that work intermittently.
- Products that work but not properly and show no signs of excessive damage and/or introduction of foreign objects.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY, OTHERWISE THE REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER, AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ABLENET BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS, OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS TO THE FULL EXTENT. THESE DAMAGES MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR FROM ONE JURISDICTION TO ANOTHER.