In this Remarkable Idea, students can collaborate to make a delicious hot drink, which they can then go on to drink and share. This task is a great team builder.
- Cause and effect
- Team work
- Turn taking
- Social scripts
- Folling directions
- Alternative methods of access
- Jelly Beamer
- SuperTalker, iTalk2 with Levels, or Step-by-Step
- Chocolate powder
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Microwave safe container for heating milk
- I would like hot chocolate
- Can you measure the milk and pour it into the container
- Now we need to heat the milk (NOT TOO HOT!)
- Now we need to add the chocolate
- Can you put it in the blender and I’ll turn it on
- Now let’s serve it to everyone
If drinks to be offered around then following scripts could be used on a Step-by-Step:
- Hello, my name is____________ what’s your name?
- Would you like some hot chocolate
- We made it ourselves
- Here you are
- Is it okay
- OK thanks bye!
2. Measure and pour milk into microwave safe container
3. Heat milk to desired heat
4. Add chocolate powder
5. Pour chocolate milk in the blender, blend for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add marshmallows
7. Serve drinks using Step-by-Step to offer drinks