1. Have the students decide on first setting for fan.
2. Turn on the Bubble machine.
3. Turn on the fan.
4. Have a student play ‘I’m Forever Blowing Bubbles’ on BIG/LITTLEmack.
5. Let the bubbles blow until the poem is finished.
6. Record which bubble travels the greatest distance and mark the spot where it lands with the first bubble marker.
7. Measure the distance from Bubble machine to tin can. This is recorded against the speed setting of the fan.
8. Repeat process using different speed settings on the fan and different positioning of the Bubble machine.
9. Re-position the fan angle and speed. Record which fan position and speed has the greatest effect on distance traveled.
Recording of ‘I’m forever blowing bubbles’ into BIG/LITTLEmack.
“I’m forever blowing bubbles.
Pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky.
Then like my dreams, they fade and die.
Fortune’s always hiding.
I’ve looked everywhere.
I’m forever blowing bubbles.
Pretty bubbles in the air.”