Hook+ utilizes the Apple auto switch configurator and the first time Hook+ is used with an iPad or iPhone it will automatically configure the iPad or iPhone to use single switch auto scanning or dual switch step scanning based on how many switches are connected to Hook+. Once initially configured, switches can be manually re-configured to meet the needs of the user. The Apple auto switch configurator is only available on Apple MFi approved switch interfaces.
Once Hook+ is connected and Switch Control is configured, you can do almost anything on an iPad or iPhone with a switch. Read an eBook, write an email, browse the internet, play games, control your home, and much more!
NOTE: Hook+ is not compatible with apps that use keystrokes for switch clicks. Hook+ uses Apple’s proprietary HID Assistive Switch Control protocol for switch clicks and is compatible with Switch Control found in iOS 8 or later. To access Switch Control, go to the Settings App > General > Accessibility > Switch Control.
- Lightning connector provides a reliable wired connection
- Utilizes Apple auto switch configurator
- Hook+ does not have an internal battery and can be used as long as the iPad or iPhone has a battery charge
- Hook+ App for firmware updates
- Connect one to four individual switches via 3.5-mm/1/8-in switch jacks. With iOS 9, you are able to program two unique commands per switch for a total of eight different switch commands.
- Use the battery pass through on Hook+ to charge your iOS device while using Hook+
ABOUT SWITCH CONTROL
To access Switch Control, on your iPad or iPhone, go to Settings App > General > Accessibility > Switch Control.
For more information on Switch Control visit our website section on iOS Accessibility, https://www.ablenetinc.com/resources/consumer-technology-as-at/.
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6 sPlus
- iPhone 6s
- iiPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iiPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Pro 9.7-inch
- iPad mini 4
- iPad (5th generation)
|Travel Before Activation||No|
|Key Size - Metric||No|
|Trackball Size - Metric||No|
|Connection Type||1/8-in/3.5-mm mono plug|
|Number of Switch Input(s)||4|
|Can be used as a switch interface||Yes|
|Keyboard Key Color||No|
|Product Waranty||2-Year Limited Warranty|
What devices are compatible with the Hook+?
- iPads: 4th Gen, Air, Air 2, iPad Mini (Gen 1, 2, 3 & 4), iPad Pro (9.7”, 10.5” and 12.9”) & iPad (2017)
- iPhones: 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, 6s, 6s+, SE, 7 & 7+
- iPods: Nano (7th Gen) & Touch (5th & 6th Gen)
Why is Hook+ only compatible with iOS 7 or newer?
My Apple device has a 30-pin connector, will it work with Hook+?
Why is Hook+ Apple Accessibility API compliant and why does it matter?
Being compatible with Apple’s Accessibility API offers several benefits for the Hook+, such as:
- Automatic device configuration when connecting with Apple device using Switch Control
- Consistency of switch access throughout any compatible apps
- Framework maintained by Apple, which means more frequent updates to benefit end-users
Why would I want to use Switch Control instead of an app’s built-in switch scanning?
How do I get Hook+ set up with my iPad or iPhone?
How is Hook+ different from Hook?
How do I make my app compatible with Hook+?
Why can't use Hook+ to wake my iOS device after Auto-Lock puts my device to sleep?
- Tap the "Settings" icon
- Click “General”
- Select “Auto-Lock”
- Tap “Never” to prevent your iPad from automatically sleeping
You May Also Like
Your Price: $0.00