iTalk2 with Levels
About This Product
- Messages/Levels: 2/3
- Recording Time: 4-min.
- Switch Input: 2
- Toy/Appliance Output/ECU: 2
- Activation Surface: 2.5-in/6.4-cm
- Activation Force: 2-5-oz/57-142-g
- Weight with Battery: 12.5-oz/354-g
- Battery Type: 9-volt - It is highly recommended to use a standard Alkaline 9V battery with this device. Alternative batteries may be comprised of materials that do not distribute power in a suitable manner, and when installed, some users may experience inconsistencies.
- Accessories Available: Travel strap, Universal Shoulder Strap, Easy Mount Base
- Mounting Connection: Universal Mounting Plate
- HCPC Code: E2500
How much record time is available?
There are three levers per switch and you can record single messages on each level. There is a total of 4 minutes recording time.
How do you use the iTalk2 with external switches?
Follow these steps:
- Turn device off
- Connect a switch into either of the Input/Output jacks
- Press and hold the connected switch, then turn the iTalk2 on
- Release the switch
Why does the LED flash red 3-5 times and not play my message?
This is typically related to an issue with the battery installed in the device. This could mean the battery is low or depleted. Or, you are using a battery labeled “Heavy Duty”, “Industrial Grade” or “ProCell”. These types of batteries handle power differently than regular alkaline batteries, and when used in our devices we’ve found that they respond similar to low/dead batteries. We recommend using a regular alkaline battery to avoid any issues with recording or playing messages.
Please replace your battery and try to use it again, and if the problem persists contact Technical Support for further assistance.
Why does the LED flash yellow one time and not play my message?
This is typically indication that a message is not recorded on the device. Please try recording a new message on your device, and if the problem persists contact Technical Support for further assistance.
How do I clear all messages off the device?
Click here to watch a short video demonstrating how to perform these steps to clear all messages.
- Turn the device on
- Press and hold the Record button until the LED flashes and you hear a beep sound from the device’s speaker
- All recorded messages are now erased from the memory of the device
For parts and accessories availability please visit www.ablenetinc.com.
The colored switch cap comes off while using the device. Is there a way to secure it so it doesn’t come off as easily?
To better secure your switch top to the body of your device, we recommend adding a small amount of semi-permanent adhesive to the threads of the switch top. This will provide additional resistance to help hold the switch top in place.
We recommend the following adhesives:
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Any hot glue from a hot glue crafting gun
- Any thread seal tape (otherwise known as plumber’s tape)
- Any removable mounting or poster putty
This product is compliant with Medical Device Regulation 2017/45. Click here to download the declaration of conformity.