TalkTrac Wearable Communicator
About This Product
Communication on the go has never been easier with the TalkTrac wearable communicator. TalkTrac features four messages and two levels for a total of eight individual messages. TalkTrac is a perfect companion for children and adults on the Autism spectrum, helping them feel more comfortable in social situations by helping them converse with family and friends, interact with classmates, and record to-do lists.
The popular TalkTrac has been improved! To help protect TalkTrac against moisture, we have added a conformal coating to the internal printed circuit board (PCB). Because TalkTrac is a wearable speech generating device (SGD), it is susceptible to moderate amounts of moisture during normal use, which can cause corrosion on the PCB and lead to the failure of the device. The new conformal coating on the PCB does not make TalkTrac waterproof, but it does add an extra layer of protection to help prevent damage caused by moderate amounts of moisture.
- Two volume levels
- Compact, portable, and durable
- Excellent sound quality
- Includes blank overlays
- Messages/Levels: 4/2
- Recording Time: 80-sec.
- Switch Input: No
- Toy/Appliance Output/ECU: No
- Activation Surface: 0.5 x 0.7-in/1.3 x 1.8-cm
- Activation Force: 5-oz/142-g
- Weight with Battery: 2.1-oz/59.5-g
- Battery Type: Rechargeable
- Accessories Available: Works with alternative wrist straps
- Mounting Connection: N/A
- HCPC Code: E2500
How do I record a message?
To record a message
- Hold down the Record button until the LED turns solid red, then release it.
- Press and hold a message cell, then speak the message. The LED will flash while recording.
- Release the message cell when you’ve completed your message.
- Repeat step 2 & 3 to record additional messages in the remaining 3 message cells.
- Press Record button once again. The LED will turn off and your message will be saved.
Press the 1st and 4th message cell at the same time. The LED will flash green to indicate the volume level has been changed.
How do I change levels?
Press the 2nd and 4th message cell at the same time. The LED will flash green, once for level one and twice for level 2.
How long does it take for a full charge?
5-8 hours is what we recommend to fully charge a TalkTrac. This can vary based on power source/connection type.
Is there a visual indicator when the device is fully charged?
Currently, there is no indication of when the device is fully charged.
Are there additional Overlays available?
Additional Overlay’s can be downloaded from the "Downloads" section.
This product is compliant with Medical Device Regulation 2017/45. Click here to download the declaration of conformity.