About This Product
- Switch Type: Mechanical
- Connection Type: Wired
- Cord Length: 6 ft (183 cm)
- Product Dimensions: 3.3-in L x 3.3-in W x 1.05-in H (8.4-cm L x 8.4-cm W x 2.7-cm H)
- Activation Type: Pressure
- Activation Surface: 2.5-in/6.4-cm diameter
- Activating Force: 2.5-oz/71-g
- Travel Before Activation: 0.025-in/0.0635-cm
- Feedback: Auditory click, Tactile
- Plug Size: 1/8-in/3.5-mm mono
- Mounting Plate: Universal Mounting Plate
What is a switch?
A switch is a device used for making or braking connection of an electronic circuit. The most common form of switch is a household light switch, though all switches can vary in shape, size, and style.
What are typical uses of switches?
Switches can be used in a variety of ways and with a variety of devices.
When using switches in an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) setting, they are commonly used as external inputs for speech generating devices (SGDs), computer and iPad switch interfaces, and switch adapted toys.
The colored switch cap comes off while using the device. Is there a way to secure it so it doesn’t come off as easily?
To better secure your switch top to the body of your device, we recommend adding a small amount of semi-permanent adhesive to the threads of the switch top. This will provide additional resistance to help hold the switch top in place.
We recommend the following adhesives:
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Any hot glue from a hot glue crafting gun
- Any thread seal tape (otherwise known as plumber’s tape)
- Any removable mounting or poster putty
This product is compliant with Medical Device Regulation 2017/45. Click here to download the declaration of conformity.