Cultivate Calmness, Concentration and Coping Skills (on-demand registration)
Cultivate Calmness, Concentration and Coping Skills
Available May 3, 2023 - April 30, 2028 | 60 minutes | 0.1 ASHA CEUs
Spark joy and grow learner’s abilities to develop calmness, concentration, and attentional control to build focus for learning.
Learn how to integrate mindfulness-based practices as part of the daily routine while nurturing social-emotional skills.
Presenter: Padmaja Sarathy, Educational Consultant & President of Nonprofit
Relevant Financial Relationship: Padmaja is an independent educational consultant.
Relevant Non-Financial Relationship: Padmaja has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
Presenter Biography: Padmaja is the founder and president of a nonprofit, Parent Engagement for Active Child Enrichment (PEACE). PEACE coaches and guides families, particularly those from marginalized populations, to enable and enrich children toward a productive academic and life trajectory. She is a globally engaged educational consultant and author with expertise in the fields of early childhood & special education. Driven by an intense commitment to maximize learning outcomes for children with special needs, she inspires educators through webinars, onsite coaching, & workshops at conferences. Padmaja has graduate degrees in Political Science, Special Education, and Educational Diagnostics. Enriched with diverse professional experience, she has authored a number of books. Autism, significant and multiple disabilities, early childhood, executive function, paraeducators, and special ed legal compliance are the focus topics of her books. Learn more at www.infinitepossibilities-sped.com.
- Learners will identify strategies to teach students with diverse learning and/or behavioral needs
- Learners will identify ways to incorporate highly motivating and engaging activities to strengthen concentration, calmness and coping skills
- Learners will identify ways to incorporate mindfulness-based activities as part of the daily routine to strengthen learner focus and attentional control for learning
- Introduction – Why - Cultivate Calmness, Concentration and Coping Skills (5 minutes)
- Building Learner’s Emotional Literacy and Competence (20 minutes)
- Calming Strategies – Mindfulness Practices (Breathing and Movement) (20 minutes)
- Positive Affirmations and Self-Soothing (5 minutes)
- Summary, Conclusion and Q & A (10 minutes)
Audience: Assistants, Early Career Professionals (under 5 years), Related Professionals, International Affiliates
Topic Area: Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Language and Learning in School-Age Individuals
ASHA CEU Requirements: Must complete the post webinar assessment with 80% accuracy. Unlimited attempts are allowed. Partial credit is not available.
Accessibility: Please email ableU@ablenetinc.com if you require any additional accessibility support. We will be happy to work with you!
Complaint: We strive to provide professional development that highlights today’s best practices. If you have complaints/concerns regarding ableU please contact ableU@ablenetinc.com. We will review the complaint or concern. When appropriate, we will take action to address the issue within 10 business days.
Refund: Refunds are not available for free sessions.